Thursday, January 04, 2007

waiting...3

Living in sweat pants these days and refusing to put a new picture of the belly on the blog. I love the few comments from people who really mean well but say things like...wow, you are huge. I'm glad I know they mean well and really don't take offense, but for all of you reading this, you don't have to tell a pregnant lady that they look huge or have gotten bigger...trust me, they already know. I had an another interesting night last night trying to sleep...or once again, couldn't sleep. I stormed out of bed, woke Jon up, and grabbed a blanket and pillow and marched into the living room because I was so sick of not sleeping and thought I could finish off the series of books I'm reading. (Redemption series by Kingsbury - excellent). After comlaining in my mind and actions for a few minutes, I felt a nudge in my spirit to think of things that I could be thankful for. So, out loud, first with a nasty attitude voice (you all have one and you know what I'm talking about), I began to pray and my tone changed over time as I began to thank God for all of the things that I have in my life despite the lack of sleep and stage in pregnancy I am in. It started with...thank you Lord that I am able to carry a child, that I have gotten to a good stage and no premature labor, that I have a warm place to sleep and a wonderful family who is supportive, that I have a beautiful healthy daughter, and an amazing amazing husband.....and the list went on and on and on for a long time. And you know what? I fell asleep a few minutes later. Isn't that just like God. I also found out today that I have a bladder infection and got on some medication today that should help me with the cramping and help with the sleep. Rejoice always...even if it starts with a nasty attitude voice like it did for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

thanks beth...i've also discovered the beauty of benadryl to help sleep. I have been reluctant to use it before but, wow, what a difference a full night of rest can do. By the way, I have cleaning out our office lately and came across a few picture albums of college. Oh the memories...we've gotta get together soon, somehow. talk to you soon.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kelli, I'm so glad you were able to get some peaceful sleep. Tell Jon that this half of the creative branding team met and came up with a few things he can do so you won't have to take Benadryl to get some rest- it involves candles, a warm bath (not too warm, though), and a body massage.
Want to know something crazy? We are reading the same book series! (I'm only on book 2, though)
I miss you so much... hang in there!

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so glad the waiting is over!! now i can't wait to see your little boy!!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Pictures- we need to see pictures of Owen Davis! Kelli, I'm so proud of you... you did it! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks :)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!