Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy Birthday to me :)


It's my 32nd birthday....but to most people, I have told them that i'm 29....and will continue to be 29 for several more years. I haven't blogged in so long.....but family, ministry, my job, and yes...our little kiddos have taken up all my spare time! Ah...who am I kidding, i've just been a slacker. I get inspired when I check out other people's blogs from time to time and do realize that I have much more to share. We have had an amazing fall/winter and are excited for a brand new year to see what God has in store for us. We just spent 2 weeks in Wyoming with 8 adults, and 7 kids all under the age of 8 in the same house for a solid week....and it felt a little like a circus but was really a lot of fun! Jon and I commented that we barely saw Rayna that week because she had so many cousins to play with. We relaxed, played Wii, saw several movies, took the kids bowling....and in general, just ate like pigs and it was great. Personally, Jon and I have continued to be challenged in our walk with the Lord and are taking a break from the book "11" by Leonard Sweet and started reading "The Emotionally Healthy Church" by Peter Scazzero. We are in the first couple of chapters and it has been an amazing eye opening conversation and look at ministry. Rayna in her last semester of preschool, in her first ballet/tap class, and says a lot of phrases like "mom...i know that already! as if she's already 15." We repainted her room to a true princess room with dark pink walls and huge lime green, brick red, and pink circles on her walls. Our bouncy baby boy Owen is almost 2 already! Owen is talking a lot now but I am having a hard time understanding what he says half of the time.....so he points and repeats his garbled word over and over and over and louder and louder until I understand what he is saying. He loves to wrestle with Rayna and attacks her often. He loves balls, trucks, and pretty much anything that makes noise. Until next time......may you go on an incredible faith journey this year.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Happy Birthday!!! I suppose I could just yell out the window! Eat some cake for me.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!