Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5K


I ran in my first 5K on Saturday and am proud that I even showed up to do it. I had a really great schedule downloaded from the internet, and didn't follow it a whole lot...so I wasn't as prepared as I had hoped to be. The good news is, is that it was a 5K run/walk...which I did a lot of the walking too. My one goal, which sounds silly, was to stay ahead of the speed walkers behind me. You know the kind, the swinging hips and pumping arms types...that usually can walk faster than most people can run. Well, everything they started creeping up on me, I'd take off and run a little bit until i couldn't run anymore. The sad thing is, they beat me in the end. My official time was 41 minutes for a little over 3 miles...it's a little pathetic, but at least I showed up and did it. That's the point, right? Next year, my goal will be to run without stopping. That was my friend Nici's goal, and she made it! Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Way to go, Kelli! You are a braver woman than I...

4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Completing a 5K is such great goal to accomplish! I ran/walked one a couple years ago and my time was far less than ideal. While I'm certainly no runner, the great thing about it is that often times you are competing with yourself to beat your own times. So schedule another one and make it your goal to complete it in under 40 minutes!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!