Tuesday, April 25, 2006

beautiful day

March and April have been months of trials....but today is a beautiful day and I am choosing...to soak it all in. I am recovering from my crazy onset of appendicitus and surgery to follow on Easter weekend and feeling better everyday. The other day I was laying in bed thinking of something profound to put on my blog as God has been dealing with me a lot lately about attitude....and all I can remember today is that no matter what comes our way, I choose joy. Jon and I have been talking about how crazy and random the last few months have been...rayna in the hospital while Jon was out of town, losing a student and going through the grief and steps with the family, and then this appendicitus, which frankly, I had to laugh at. The timing was impeccable at the worst possible time, but I still want to be a person who chooses joy. That's what we're supposed to do and commanded to do in God's Word. Joy..... Remember, Perseverance....leads to character...leads to love. If this is a character building time for our family, I want to choose joy and let the molding happen. Rayna, of course, has been amazing and spent Easter weekend with Tom and Kapi (kathy) and got to ride a tractor. They got some cute pictures of her in her Easter dress that I'll put on the blog when they give me a copy. Today is the kind of day when I found a new favorite song, the birds are singing, we took a walk as a family and went swinging in the park with Rayna, and I am working on choosing joy through any circumstance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!