Tuesday, July 25, 2006

scary night

Hello all! Sorry I've been neglectful on keeping updated, but the baby isn't cooperating a whole lot and the 3 year old baby is making it difficult too! For starters, Rayna did very well in her swimming lessons and even blew bubbles for the first time on the last day. I have still been battling the good old all day sickness and just generally feeling like a slug. I can't wait for it to pass, and my belly is getting bigger too. This week was pretty quiet until last night we had a scare. Rayna and I were trying to fall asleep (in my bed..I are developing a bad habit of letting her sleep with me) and all of a sudden we heard some loud thumps. Rayna and I both sat straight up in bed and kept hearing something in my parents room being beat or "clapping" as Rayna said. I finally called out for my mom, too scared to get out of bed, and she came in and shut the door quickly. My mom was sound asleep and my dad was up watching TV and said he saw something flying overhead. He finally realized it wasn't shadows and was a bat. They have lived in this house for 15 years and never had bat problems! ICK! He began trying to stun the bat with a towel to at least get it outside. That was the "clapping" sound that Rayna heard. After a few minutes he got it outside but it wasn't dead and he had to take a shovel to it. Now imagine trying to go to sleep after that. Rayna requested that our door be closed when grandma finally left. Then this morning, Rayna woke up vomiting and generally sick with a fever. My mom talked to a few people at work and they said that animal control should be called to have the bat tested for rabies. The animal control people came out and said that we should take Rayna in and look for bite marks! ICKY beyond ICKY! So, we took her in and the doctor said she had the good old fashioned virus junk going around and tonight as I'm typing this, she is singing to her music and following grandpa around like a puppy dog. We haven't heard if the bat has rabies yet, but they are testing it and I'll update you on the results. Crazy night! Needless to say, we're all going to bed early tonight. Well, enough of the long blog, but wanted to update everyone. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!